We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Get into the Drivers Seat For Your New Adventure!
Imagine the impact you could have on the thousands of vacations booked every day at Tripadvisor. Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world with hundreds of millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis & hundreds of millions of user reviews.
Ownership over your work & your impact forms the foundation for everything we do. Our engineers participate in every aspect of improving travelers experiences from initial ideas, code, testing, test analysis & further iteration. From beginning to end of your projects you will have opportunities to work with world-class experts in SEO/SEM, usability, marketing, product research & will touch every level of the code base. Senior engineers at TA have an outsized impact on the organization.
Full stack at Tripadvisor means deep participation in web framework development, highly automated testing, analytics & data science on our massive quantity of data. We optimize the site with an iterative, data-driven approach.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Tripadvisor, you will provide technical leadership across your team & across the engineering organization as a whole. Like our product development, the opportunity to impact the engineering organization is critical to the success of Tripadvisor.
What you will do:
- Take on projects with independence & a mandate to leave things better than you found them.
- Participate in the planning & initial steps for key changes on the site with cross discipline teams.
- Be pragmatic when solving problems with a deep understanding of the purpose & goal of your work.
- Touch code at all levels, front end to back end, whatever is required to complete your project.
- Be integral for the code quality on your team through leadership in design & code review.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Help bring the teams technical knowledge & solutions to the engineering organization via tech talks & design reviews.
- 5+ years of experience as a professional engineer. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent Prior experience on executing self driven projects successfully
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, & OO design
What youll get
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation & excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing & well-established industry brand. At Tripadvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, & energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Annual bonus program
- Stock grant
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Excellent health & dental options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Wellness & Fitness Benefit
- Annual personal travel reimbursement
- Life & Accident Insurance coverage
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- + much more!