Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 1,800 employees in the last 2 years.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional Associate to join our Accounting Department. The primary focus of the position will be to assist on areas of the financial statement close process & own critical account reconciliations, primarily around our brokerage revenue activities in certain markets. Additional responsibilities include preparing ad-hoc analytical reports & assisting with business-critical special projects. The ideal candidate is someone who loves challenging opportunities, thrives in a dynamic environment, & can consistently meet deadlines.
At Compass You Will:
- Review revenue & expense recognition for brokerage transactions.
- Communicate findings to management & drive improvements in transaction recording accuracy.
- Reconcile & investigate outstanding accounts receivable balances.
- Create & maintain revenue-related monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Serve as the primary contact for account discrepancies.
- Become an integral part of the financial statement close process.
- Evaluate accounting processes, internal controls, & reporting procedures for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assist in implementation of various projects within the accounting team.
- Assist with monthly financial analysis & various ad-hoc reports.
- Coordinate with the internal & external auditors for audit & accounting-related requirements.
- Other duties & ad-hoc projects as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a plus.
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Big 4 experience, preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus.
- Basic knowledge of residential real estate, a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent customer service & ability to work in a team environment.
- Positive, cooperative attitude.
- Proactive & willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Strong analysis, problem-solving, & decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & meet tight timelines.
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy & a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.