Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio Technical Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners; well count on you to interact in a friendly & professional way. You will work with our customers & partners developers, architects & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
Twilio is looking for new Technical Support Engineers to join our USA Voice Support team. We are seeking candidates with a proven record of providing outstanding technical support, who have expertise with VOIP/SIP/IP-PBXes, REST APIs, & the development of web & mobile applications.
- 2-4 years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- A demonstrated history of customer focus & empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns & provide feedback.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to customers with a range of technical backgrounds.
- Experience delivering proactive guidance & suggesting workarounds to minimize business impacting downtime.
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software & telecommunications systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors & communicate these to engineers & vendors.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction & meeting SLA targets.
- 2+ years of telecom experience, including in-depth knowledge of SIP & IP Telephony protocols & the use of packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark) to identify irregularities.
- Product knowledge of VOIP PBX software & equipment, including experience implementing, deploying, maintaining & supporting Avaya, Cisco, Asterisk, FreePBX or similar platforms of significant size.
- Experience troubleshooting & resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including obtaining urgent resolutions from third party vendors.
- Experience troubleshooting WebRTC applications.
- A firm understanding of computer networking & the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations & time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor & coach colleagues.
- Able to work standard USA East Coast working hours (9am-6pm EST).
- Able to work a shift schedule that includes a weekend day.
- Ability to work additional hours, weekends & holidays (as needed) may be required.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (5+ years industry experience in a similar role).
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Voice team, you will:
- Be the voice of Twilio & help customers with issues related to their calls, voice applications, & SIP trunks, as well as carrier & VOIP connections.
- Examine PCAPs, HTTP requests/responses, & application code.
- Explore historical & real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- Interact, collaborate & network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team.
- Surface customer feedback to our Product Management & Engineering teams to identify & drive improvements in our voice products.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management & Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting & reporting what you observe in order to improve our support process.
Twilios platform empowers the worlds developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Whether you work remotely or at Twilio HQ in San Francisco, you will enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience, is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.