About the role
As a Dispute Specialist, you will be joining our rapidly-growing Risk Operations Team to help triage & resolve escalated customer issues related to unauthorized activity, account takeover, & billing error disputes. Well rely on your disputes knowledge & strong communication skills to effectively triage & resolve high impact dispute escalations that may come in from various channels. Working cross-functionally with social media teams, disputes operations, fraud, & executive escalations, you will get to solve problems, track ongoing issues related to accuracy, & advocate for members whose claims may need a bit more white glove service & attention. As a triage expert, well rely on you to ensure our dispute procedures are well-positioned to scale as we grow to serve tens of millions of Chime members.
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Analyze dispute cases, draw conclusions based on findings, & clearly summarize complex results
- Respond to & manage dispute escalations, issues, & complaints with the highest degree of professionalism. Summarize case facts, dates, times, & decision summaries & provide succinct post-mortem summaries to cross-functional stakeholders on various Chime teams
- Review cases & decisions made to ensure decision accuracy, reversing decisions to make it right when appropriate. Present findings in an organized fashion using templates & internal tools
- Work closely with risk teams to identify root issues & correct path of action
- Make key decisions for first-tier Dispute Intake agents to resolve member issues
- Research & investigate escalated dispute issues
- Maintain up to date knowledge of services & procedures
- Coach & provide feedback in a timely manner
To thrive in this role, you have
- 1+ years experience with customer support at a startup, fintech, or highly regulated industry required. Previous experience in a banking, fraud, or dispute-related role is highly preferred.
- Very strong computer skills. The ability to shift between multiple software tools & numerous screens is of the utmost importancea high level of familiarity with instant messaging & internet navigation, social media platforms, etc.
- Strong communication skills, confident public speaking abilities.
- Escalated customer support experience in a high-volume environment.
- A passion for solving puzzles & identifying the root cause of problems
- The ability to analyze, summarize, & communicate findings & issues drawn from facts & apply complex legal & regulatory requirements in a technically competent manner.
- Familiarity with fin-tech products such as Chime, Venmo, Cash-App, PayPal, Green-Dot bank, Zelle, etc. Candidates who use these products themselves tend to have a better context on the work they will be doing.
- A high level of coachability & eagerness to learn new things. Taking feedback & adjusting is critical.
- The ability to complete workload with minimal supervision & a strong desire to work for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills; basic SQL experience with a desire to grow this competency, dashboarding experience using data visualization tools such as Looker, & Zendesk experience a plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors, including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, & Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.