At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. Our schools team is focused on partnering with school & district administrators to support teachers with TpT School Access, a subscription that includes resources & digital tools. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
The Head of District Sales will play a crucial role in fulfilling TpTs vision to unlock the collective wisdom of teachers. The primary focus of the Head of District Sales is to drive the sale & adoption of TpT School Access within K-12 school districts.
The Head of District Sales will be responsible for building out the district sales process for our subscription offering, TpT School Access. This role will report to the Director of Sales & manage a team that will be focused on building relationships with key decision makers in K-12 school districts, managing sales pipelines & ultimately, closing sales. The ideal candidate for this role brings passion & expertise in leading district sales teams to successfully build & maintain relationships with K-12 decision makers.
- Manage day-to-day performance of the district sales team, including setting & tracking progress towards sales KPIs including meeting set rate, pitch-to-close, ACV / ARR, etc.
- Strategize with sales leadership to improve opportunity management, district sales processes & forecasting towards sales targets.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in sales, marketing, product, etc. as a leader in building out & improving district sales performance, messaging, processes, & procedures.
- Reporting on progress towards district sales targets through tracking effort & results within Salesforce & other sales tools.
- Support direct reports & district sales team members in improving overall performance through providing coaching & feedback.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- 4+ years of K-12 district sales experience. Preferably with experience in managing or leading district sales teams for an education Saas product.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- You are strategic & have experience building systems & processes to drive towards sales targets
- You are a motivator & contribute to building a positive team culture focused on results
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce)
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in education (as an educator or at a company serving educators)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.