Our legal team works cross-functionally to help achieve Asanas mission of enabling the worlds teams to work together effortlessly. The Legal team is a collaborative group responsible for partnering with all teams throughout the organization to provide clear & actionable guidance enabling Asanas to achieve their goals in service to our mission; to help humanity thrive by enabling the worlds teams to work together effortlessly. We run ideas past each other, problem-solve together, & partner with other groups to navigate through challenging issues. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company & offers exposure to a wide variety of issues.
Specifically, were looking for an experienced corporate legal counsel to support Asanas corporate legal functions, with a primary focus on SEC reporting, corporate governance, & global subsidiary expansion & maintenance. Youll also work on other projects including intercompany agreements, treasury support, insider trading compliance program, & evolving responsibilities depending on your interests & the business needs. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company, gain experience in international growth & scaling, & offers exposure to a wide variety of issues. This role reports to Asanas Head of Corporate Legal & is based out of San Francisco.
What youll achieve
- Advise on securities law & public company reporting.
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with obligations under federal securities laws & NYSE rules & regulations, including preparation & filing of Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, Section 16 reporting, & other SEC filings & reports.
- Support the annual stockholder meeting process, including preparing D&O questionnaires, coordinating proxy solicitor, transfer agent, & proxy mailing activities as well as meeting logistics.
- Support Corporate Secretary & Head of Corporate Legal on Board matters, including coordination, preparation & distribution of agendas, resolutions, consents, minutes, & other materials for Board of Directors & committee meetings.
- Assist with investor matters, including review of announcements, press releases, investor presentations, & other investor communications.
- Stay current on corporate governance trends & best practices & SEC & NYSE developments, including research or benchmarking projects.
- Assist with subsidiary maintenance for all domestic & international subsidiaries.
- Assist with ESG governance & reporting initiatives.
- Partner with the Equity team on Asanas quarterly trading communications & 10b5-1 trading plan program.
- Develop & maintain policies & procedures, & lead & assist with the corporate legal teams efforts in conducting periodic employee trainings on matters related to compliance & securities law, including insider trading, related party transactions, & Regulation FD.
- Work collaboratively & responsively with a broad range of colleagues across functions, ensuring good relationships between Legal, Finance, & People teams to facilitate a coordinated team approach.
- Effectively manage outside counsel as needed.
- JD & U.S-qualified (California membership preferred).
- 8-10 years of experience working at a law firm counseling high-growth technology companies on SEC & corporate governance matters and/or working in-house at a US publicly-traded technology company. Experience at a publicly-traded technology company preferred.
- In depth knowledge of US securities law.
- Significant experience advising companies on public company reporting & compliance matters, & corporate governance matters.
- Ability to partner with stakeholders to provide clear, actionable, & practical advice.
- Track record of taking initiative, working well across an organization & having the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects with competing deadlines, & able to thrive in ambiguity.
- Great communicator that is comfortable liaising with multiple teams to solve problems & promptly answer questions.
- Collaborative & solutions-oriented.
- Excellent business sense & legal judgment, with the ability to be strategic as well as detail-oriented.
- Interest in collaborating with the Corporate Legal team on a variety of corporate projects, including employment, equity, & expansion matters.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, & technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster & accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work & thrive, & building a diverse, equitable, & inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status.