Were looking for a strategic & impactful Director of Creative Services to oversee creative execution in our international markets. The ideal candidate is highly experienced in global creative strategy, & understands how to localize marketing initiatives to maximize resonance while also balancing global brand positioning & efficiency. You will work closely with various internal key stakeholders across Creative, Brand, Growth, International & more, while also managing external localization partners & teams.
This role reports directly to our VP of Creative Strategy & will work from our headquarters in SoHo, NY.
What youll do:
- In partnership with the International team & external partners, drive, develop & maintain global creative localization strategy for current & future international marketsensuring the Away brand resonates while also identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- Develop & deep understanding of each local marketkeeping a pulse on local nuances, creative considerations & opportunities for innovation & engagement.
- Lead the day-to-day management of all international creative initiatives from concept to executionincluding localization of 360 integrated marketing campaigns & unique asset creation.
- Act as the key point of contact on the Creative team for international creative needs while ensuring effective cross-functional communication with teams throughout the companysuch as Brand, Growth, Digital Product, Product Development, PR & more.
- Work closely with US Creative Services & Brand team to ensure international creative initiatives strategically align to global brand positioning, answer the project brief, & are organized & on-timewhile proactively troubleshooting any issues.
- Partner with Production on localized execution & budget management to help facilitate the best work within the outlined costsknowing when to spend & when to save.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of channel level performance KPIs & local channel nuances to ensure creative consistently delivers on strategic objectives while always looking for ways to iterate & improve.
- Manage agency partners & vendors in global markets, working closely with the Director of International in selection of the best strategic partners to bring our brand & creative vision to life.
- Build out the International Creative Services team as needed to scale with the growth of the businessowning hiring/onboarding, management & mentorship of top-tier talent.
Who you are:
- 8-12 years experience in international creative or account managementeither at a creative agency or brand
- Deeply familiar with the creative process & multi-channel execution, & are able to lead the team from ideation through to completion
- Are on top of international marketing trends & news on culturally-relevant brands to help guide & shape future creative innovation & strategies
- Customer-obsessedyou understand our customer & how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel
- A leader who has managed creative teams or agenciessomeone who people want to learn from, work with, & are inspired by
- Extremely organized & detail-orientedable to manage multiple moving pieces & retain a lot of information at once.
- Both creative & business-minded & know how to talk to both sides of the table
- Able to effectively work with numerous departments & working styles
- Strong communicator, able to speak comfortably & clearly to key stakeholders & managers.
- The energy & drive to deliver the best work in the industry & an adaptability to a range of time & budget constraints.
- Experienced working across multiple platformssuch as print, digital, photo & video
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!