*** This role will be expected to work out of our NYC office in a hybrid capacity ***
The Client Relations Coordinators role is to liaise between speakers & the individual events booking them to speak. Their goal is to ensure the speaker has all of the information necessary to deliver on the event hosts expectations & their travel & logistics are taken care of. This is managed primarily through email & phone correspondence with each individual speaker, their team (assistant, manager, or agent/agency etc.), & the event itself. The purpose of this role is to make sure that all of the details about the event are being properly relayed to the speaker, while also managing any specific speaker needs with each individual event. The Coordinator will work with each speaker & event to align their travel needs & then compile a detailed itinerary that includes event information such as schedule, travel details, & background information on the organization & its audience to maximize the ability of the speaker to impact the event.
- Coordinate logistics (travel details & speaker specific needs) related to speaking engagements, including, but not limited to air, hotel, ground transportation, international visas, audio visual specifications & any special requests by the speakers.
- Act as the primary liaison between the host (buyer) & the speaker (client). They are responsible for following up on all requests made by either side in a timely manner.
- Communicate each speakers specific requirements to the host organization to ensure a smooth performance by the speaker.
- Create & organize complete & detailed itineraries for speaking engagements based on contract data, research, & information communicated by the host organization & speakers themselves.
- Anticipate travel issues, develop contingency plans, & overcome last minute obstacles to ensure the satisfaction of speakers & clients- especially in the area of timelines & accommodations.
- Maintain / update the speakers database with relevant & current information about each speakers specific travel & presentation needs.
- Review & approve promotional materials to ensure they are aligned with each individual speakers branding.
- It is essential that the logistics coordinator be proactive in all areas of their job & the department & maintain a high level of professionalism, all in a timely manner.
- Customer service, events, or hospitality experience preferred.
- Experience with booking travel is essential.
- Proficiency in Gmail & Airtable.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to multitask & constantly reprioritize.
- Ability to deliver oral & written communications in a professional manner.