ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you passionate about bringing a method to the madness & driving change? Peloton is looking for a bright, adaptable, driven & hardworking Project Manager with a diverse set of skills who can thrive in a challenging & rewarding environment.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will drive planning, program management, project execution, & stakeholder & vendor management of our Financial Systems team. The Financial Systems team drives efforts including systems planning, architecture, implementation, application administration, roles management, & business unit functional support. This role will be managing projects for the procurement line of business, integrating financial systems such as Concur, Coupa, NetSuite, Kryiba, & Costar to support Peloton employees in the US & in our growing Global locations. You will also liaise with cross-functional scrum teams in other business units to support shared initiatives. You will have a unique opportunity to support a growing team.
You are required to work with technical staff & manage technical programs, as well as administrate the Jira board & workflow for the team. You will apply your technical & organizational skills to correctly capture requirements, plan for dependencies, & make these teams more efficient. You know how to apply technology to solve problems. You are both a diplomat & an advocate & will be trusted to represent these teams to stakeholders & partners, internal & external. You will help define goals, measure progress, manage dependencies, & mitigate risks. You will apply your skills to capture requirements, plan for dependencies, & make the Financial Systems team more efficient. The ideal candidate will be able to converse in technical language & possess knowledge of financial operations, systems integration, application development, service delivery, & related services.
It will be your responsibility to be relentless in getting things done. As the scrum master, you will help our teams maintain organization while continuing to improve on process & communication. It will be your job to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced & high growth environment.
- PM Methods
- Be the Scrum Master & coach for agile practices
- Drive the teams in aligning with a combination of Agile, Scrum, & Waterfall best practices
- Manage sprints & conduct sprint reviews
- Use Jira to manage the teams work, using a combination of kanban, sprints, & waterfall workflows
- Help create self-organized teams that drive continuous improvement to our systems
- Engage in service capacity planning & demand forecasting for the teams workload
- Facilitate the development & execution of the Financial Systems program roadmap & program review
- Program Governance & Leadership
- Select appropriately from a variety of PM methods, processes, policies, & procedures & apply to the situation
- Successfully manage multiple, simultaneous, complex, high-visibility programs & projects in a portfolio
- Develop & maintain a program management strategy which encompasses planning, development, monitoring, control, & execution
- Recognize opportunities for improvements/adjustments & effectively implements
- Facilitate decision-making by gathering & making information available, identifying & engaging the appropriate stakeholders, & driving & focusing discussion
- Identify, assess, & manage risks; manage the risks, not just the risk list
- Define programs or projects by gathering requirements & clear acceptance criteria/definitions of done
- Manage scope & evaluate priorities to efficiently balance resources
- Lead programs & work streams through influence, competence, & results to create a culture of shared goals & shared direction
- Relationship Management, Communication, Statusing, & Reporting
- Develop & maintain a stakeholder management plan for individuals/teams within & outside the team and/or program
- Drive process creation & cross-team collaboration
- Understand, manage, communicate, & report key program information, including status, schedule, milestones, risk, dependencies, major changes, & major decisions
- Develop & maintain a statusing & reporting process & cadence which accounts for communication to various stakeholder levels & for various purposes
- Plans & facilitates effective meetings tailoring the approach to the objective of the meeting (eg stakeholder program review vs sprint planning session), & developing solid artifacts
- Help build consensus between teams
- Liaise with vendors or suppliers
- Coordinate & help come up with solutions, & remove impediments
- Develop & demonstrate a broad knowledge of financial systems we support
- Solicit feedback from end-users to confirm solutions are appropriate & effective
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies, including managing execution through sprints, retrospectives, backlog grooming, etc., Strong understanding of story points & Agile estimation systems
- Experience administering Jira for the purpose of leveraging & modifying Jira boards, workflows, & forms, as well as other features, to enable Jira to better support the team
- Experience gathering requirements & soliciting clear acceptance criteria
- Strong track record of project delivery & benefits realization
- Experience in strategic planning & analysis
- Excellent presentation & meeting facilitation skills, which will be used to host program reviews & stakeholder status meetings at all levels
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with portfolio stakeholders
- 5+ years of project management experience related to technology
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements & is forward-looking
- Prior experience with Financial Systems Project Management is considered a plus but is not required.
- Energetic team player with excellent written, verbal, & conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem-solving, negotiation, & organizational skills
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track & pursuing solutions without supervision
- Determined to deliver outcomes & able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward. Accountable for the delivery of outcomes strives to meet & exceed expectations
- Strong analytical, problem solving & planning ability
- Experience in defining, implementing & coaching others in technical Project Management methodologies & tactics
NICE TO HAVE:
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified PMI
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.