Applecart deploys proprietary technology to run marketing campaigns that leverage positive customer word-of-mouth on behalf of brands. Last year we closed a $6 million funding round, led by global sports & entertainment leader Endeavor (with Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel joining Applecarts board) & other prominent tech investors including Aspect Ventures, former Yelp SVP of Engineering Michael Stoppelman, & Infinite Computer Solutions founder Sanjay Govil.
Applecart is building a game-changing, direct-to-consumer, two-sided marketplace that will empower & compensate customers who refer their personal networks to brands & products that they genuinely love. We give brands the ability to tap into a new scalable & cost-effective customer acquisition channel: peer-to-peer referrals via the networks of their current, satisfied customers. Our marketplace helps great brands efficiently grow beyond traditional marketing channels to generate a high volume of sales via genuine & positive word-of-mouth from existing customers.
About the Role
As a Backend Engineer at Applecart, you will have the opportunity to help launch a consumer-facing app from the ground up with a high level of ownership over the end product. On the App Team, youll be working alongside one other engineer & our VP of Product, whos running lead on the app launch. Your work will involve everything from integrating graph-powered recommendations from the recommendation team, to partnering with product in order to roll out additional features & improvements, to ensuring security & scalability of the backend services.
What you will do:
- Work closely with product & engineering colleagues to deliver a strong experience to our users in real-time
- Design, plan & build improvements & additional functionality for our backend services
- Deploy services with an attention to scalability, low latency & quality, while taking ownership for operational success of the APIs you build
- 3+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience using Python
- Thorough understanding of REST APIs & Python frameworks such as Flask & Django, which power our recommendation & backend services
- Experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL, NoSQL stores like MongoDB, as well as, cache services such as Memcached or Redis
- Understanding of testing paradigms & frameworks for unit & functional tests
- Ability to work in an agile fashion, constantly iterating & improving the codebase
- Experience working with Docker and/or infrastructure provisioning tools like Terraform, enabling you to securely & scalably provision & deploy our backend services
- Previous usage of CI/CD to cloud environments using providers such as AWS, Heroku or GCP (we use AWS!)