The Corporate Development team is at the heart of all things Betterment, turning new opportunities into a reality to better serve the financial needs of America. Embedded in our Betterment for Consumers (B4C) business, you will build trusted relationships with our brand, retail, product, tech, & customer experience teams to identify & execute durable partnerships that accelerate Betterments vision.
You enjoy identifying new opportunities in the market & find true satisfaction leading the entire process from strategy & ideation through execution & integration. You have a track record of successfully understanding partner needs, crafting innovative solutions, & closing deals. Proactive & driven by nature, you thrive when working collaboratively with multidisciplinary stakeholders to identify business needs & build consensus. Youre excited to be a Betterment evangelist, & you are looking for a role that will empower you to make substantial & immediate impacts on our future.
A Day in the Life:
- Responsible for diligence, execution, integration, & management of key strategic partnerships that drive new business & enhance our distribution capabilities.
- You will work closely with our team of Product Managers to identify, structure, & implement partnerships that accelerate our roadmap & drive value for customers.
- Drive cross-functional efforts to prioritize our business needs & identify new opportunities, leading complex pitches & RFP responses as required.
- Work with our legal team to prepare proposals, draft memorandums of understanding, & translate deal terms into contractual terms.
- Track, analyze, & communicate key metrics to internal & external stakeholders, & negotiate & execute new growth & optimization initiatives.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of prospective partners & report on the effectiveness of our corporate & business development efforts.
- Support ad-hoc, large scale corporate development initiatives (M&A) in conjunction with the Head of Corporate Development & our Finance & Strategy teams (as needed).
What Were Looking For:
- Relevant experience in business or corporate development at rapidly scaling B2B / B2B2C companies (investment banking & management consulting experience also considered).
- A deep understanding of the financial services industry & / or a robust network of relationships in financial services.
- Proven track record of leading complex partnerships & enterprise deals through diligence, execution, & integration.
- A knack for working cross-functionally to build consensus, a sharp technical acumen, & exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong analytical & strategic mindset: youre adept at analyzing & synthesizing data to support strategies & communications internally & externally.
- An ability to deftly juggle multiple competing priorities to achieve maximum results & drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Comfort with ambiguity: youre capable of solving complex business problems independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills: youre an excellent storyteller & effective presenter.
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.