At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on highly distributed & scalable systems
- Participate in the constant cycle of knowledge sharing & mentoring
- Manage & develop some of the biggest clusters in the world
- Research & introduce cutting-edge technologies
- Contribute to open-source
We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly & focused on building an extraordinary company. This is a superb opportunity to join a high-performing team & scale our high-growth network as Cloudflares business grows. You will build tools to constantly improve availability, performance, uptime & response times. You will nurture a passion for an automate everything approach that makes systems failure-resistant & ready-to-scale.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have proven skills of designing, developing & delivering HA scalable production systems.
- You have deep knowledge of configuration management software, preferably Salt.
- You have solid experience with cluster management systems (Kubernetes, Mesos)
- You are comfortable with developing software in Go or Python
- You know how network services (DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP) & network fundamentals (DHCP, subnetting, routing, firewalls, IPv6, BGP) work
- You have strong experience designing & managing multi-tenant database solutions (Clickhouse, PostgreSQL, CockroachDB)
- You are confident in your knowledge with load balancers (nginx, HAProxy)
Bonus points if:
- You have strong operational skills & are an expert in bash scripting
- You have practical knowledge of web & systems performance, extensively used tracing tools like ebpf & strace.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.