ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you interested in driving business & product strategy? If yes, this Senior Product Analyst/Data Scientist role will work within the Ecommerce Product Team to better understand how members are interacting with our Ecommerce Platform, & inform & evaluate new features & experiences developed by the software teams. This is an advanced analytics role where you will apply various predictive & statistical modeling techniques to tackle complex multi-faceted problems, assist in defining metrics & KPIs, design experiments to validate hypotheses, help scale our measurement techniques, drive personalization strategy, translate complex findings & results into a compelling narrative, & manifest it into product changes.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON:
- Own analytics within several product development work streams from KPI definition & data instrumentation design to ongoing reporting, deep-dive & generative research
- Drive innovation by developing new experimentation methodologies, evaluating the impact of new features, & providing sophisticated data analysis using statistical modeling techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, & causal inference approaches that help sharpen our product decision-making process.
- When necessary, build models in R/Python, or other systems that help us better measure & understand the results of experiments or user flow, automate data pipelines to scale experimentation, facilitate product analysis & improve product analytics infrastructure.
- Develop data-driven business insights to help make better decisions that power our Ecommerce business by partnering with Product, Engineering, Design, cross-functional team, & leadership to drive maximum business impact.
- During feature definition, help define success metrics & design event-based analytics implementation by working with Engineering. Post-launch, evaluate the feature using these analytics & collaborate with Product Managers to advise subsequent feature iterations.
- Design, Implement & evaluate A/B tests with championing best practice experimentation methodologies to optimize customer journey on the Web.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Have 5+ years of work experience in Software Product Analysis or similar proven experience including but not limited to Data Analytics, User Research, & Business Intelligence. Product analytics experience with a B2C or e-commerce business is a plus
- Have 3+ years of experience with A/B testing & Experimentation
- Have hands-on experience with manipulating large datasets using SQL (including sophisticated joins, CTE, & query optimization) and with statistical programming software such as Python or R, in combination with visualization packages for Exploratory Data Analyses & communicating results of analyses.
- Have strong experience in statistics & data science methodologies (e.g. data modeling, hypothesis testing, regressions, machine learning) along with Causal Inference methodologies like propensity score matching, etc
- Have hands-on experience with various elements of the product analysis pipeline, such as Formulating & testing hypotheses, Identifying & communicating data requirements for analytics projects, etc
- Work well collaboratively, both in a cross-functional context - with Product Managers, Project Managers, User Researchers, Designers, & Engineers - & as a part of joint research projects with Product Analytics teammates
- Excellent verbal & written communication, attention to detail, & presentation skills to be able to efficiently communicate complicated analyses to non-technical team members
- AS A BONUS:
- Knowledge & experience working in agile/scrum product development
- Proficiency in working with Segment, Amplitude, & in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience with statistical & machine learning methods to build descriptive & predictive models
- Experience in and/or passion for health & fitness, sports, gaming, or other related fields
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, & Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, & best-in-class fitness experts & Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, & so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer & committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peloton has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health & well-being of our employees & customers globally. All employees based in the U.S. & Canada are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has a Peloton-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law.