Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, & manage complex enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create & deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals. Together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
As a Technical Editor, youll work alongside a dynamic team to drive quality standards across Unqorks content. Your focus will be in applying consistency & unity across multiple content deliverables. And youll bring a strong understanding of customer needs & experience as a customer advocate. Working with subject matter experts, & stakeholders on the team, youll use the editorial process to deliver a best-in-class experience for our customers.
This role will report to the Technical Writing Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a customer advocate, using the editorial process to ensure a high-quality experience for internal & external customers.
- Drive consistency & unity across multiple content deliverables. Youll review & edit content created by the Technical Writers for clarity, grammar, punctuation, spelling, content, & style. Making certain that all content meets company standards. This includes video scripts, close captioning scripts, training materials, articles, user guides, configuration guides, & occasionally marketing materials.
- Providing feedback & advice to the Technical Writers based on review & edits completed.
- Manage & maintain the editing process ensuring multiple quality checks for organization, content, technical accuracy, & style.
- Manage & maintain our internal style guide & word lists for group use.
- Meet with subject-matter experts to establish consistency on content changes.
- Develop templates for the Technical Writers that are easy to adapt & apply & streamline processes.
- Publish In-product Help & other content as needed.
- Conduct quality assurance on published content.
- Remain current on new developments in technical writing, editing, publishing, & the Unqork platform.
- Development of new content.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience as a technical writer within a team setting for a Saas-type organization - especially a growing organization with minimal structure.
- A structured approach with attention to detail & a strong familiarity with grammar, spelling, & punctuation. A proven ability to write & edit digestible technical content. Ability to make complex topics easy to understand.
- Experience working with Jira in an agile environment.
- Strong interpersonal & verbal communications skills. An understanding of the technical aspects of a company & industry with the ability to relate this information back to readers.
- Experience managing multiple projects & setting their schedules & priorities.
- A proactive attitude & a focus on resolving problems & delivering results.
- Style manual expertise.
- Publishing experience.
- Some familiarity with Madcap Flare & Central.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer & proud to be committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age.