Provide senior level expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health & safety (EHS), risk management, & workers compensation management across various business units in the Asia Pacific region (Australia & Taiwan). Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid business units in actions to eliminate worker injuries, vehicle accidents & associated costs. Work closely with the Global Director of EHS & Functional Leadership on all safety related topics
- Deploy Pelotons RIDE TO SAFETY program across Australian operations
- Perform EHS legal compliance assessments & implement corrective actions
- Serve as the EHS champion for the incident management system
- Oversee Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives for all facilities in the geographic area of responsibility
- Manage the SDS/Hazard Communication program
- Manage & perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting & recordkeeping requirements for all safety compliance programs
- Develop & implement training efforts for EHS related activities throughout the enterprise
- Manage the preparation & submittal of safety-related agency regulatory reports
- Provide engaging health & safety leadership to the facility employees
- Lead Executive, Regional, & Employee Safety Committees
- Develop & support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance
- Act as the business unit champion for the Zero Incidents initiatives
- Lead the tracking & assessment of safety requirements & metrics
- Advise business group leadership teams on strategy deployment progress & challenges
- Train & Assist site managers, supervisors & employees in the development & implementation of long & short-range planning, policies, programs & objectives.
- Develop auditing protocols to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results & compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective & preventative action
- Conduct & document annual compliance inspections.
- Support the development & deployment of task risk assessments/Job Safety Analysis of all worksite activities & lead actions for controls & countermeasures.
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment & procedures. Train & demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents (including injuries, property damage, near misses, releases, & losses) to determine root cause & prepare/direct corrective action plans.
- Acts as regional champion for implementation of risk reduction controls.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-7+ years of progressive EHS Management experience
- Knowledge of warehouse operations & fleet management procedures, risks & controls
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, & the ability to troubleshoot problems & think on your feet
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams & individuals across multiple functions within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines & priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal & written communication skills; able to train/present to an executive level audience
- CSP, CMIOSH or equivalent Safety Certification
- Knowledge in contemporary WHS management practices including hazard management, incident investigation, risk assessment, safety communication & people engagement processes
- Understanding of harmonised WHS Act & Regulations
- Working knowledge of Australian Standards, SWA Codes of practice
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.