What is Slice?
Slice is the only technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to compete with big chains & grow their business. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
- Partner with senior leadership across Tech, Product & Business to identify, analyze, & accelerate strategies for growth
- Build cohesive, compelling stories that translate our vision into strategic initiatives
- Influence & partner with C-level executives
- Assess the competitive marketplace to identify market opportunities & risks. Develop contingency plans based upon changes in the competitive landscape
- Develop cohesive theses for product launch & go-to-market strategy in select markets
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute against selected markets, including collaborating with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Experience & Finance
What we're looking for:
- BSc required, MBA preferred
- 3+ years of post-MBA experience with a strategy consulting, investment banking or private equity firm
- 6+ years of total work experience, additional experience required without MBA
- Exceptional problem solving, quantitative & analytical skills; ability to find structure, logic, & insight in complex business problems to provide meaningful conclusions
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful insights & conclusions, with the goal to influence executive-level stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to Self-starter with well-developed interpersonal & influence skills; ability to create strong working relationships across all levels & disciplines in the company, driving progress through influence; ability to interact independently with senior leaders; executive presence, business judgment, & maturity
- Strong project management capabilities with ability to thrive in a project-based, collaborative team environment
- Exceptional empathy ability to work with people with broad differences & diverse backgrounds
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.