At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting team. You will play a key role in the Finance department during an exciting period of high growth & process transformation. The Accounting Manager will assist in the day-to-day management of the timely & accurate financial reporting & close process reporting directly to the Accounting Director. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high energy company.
What Youll Do:
- Assist in the timely management of the month end financial statement close process by keeping team priorities on track & assisting staff when necessary
- Manage the monthly close of Inventory, generating, compiling & reviewing monthly & weekly Inventory reporting & entries
- Review & approve journal entries & GL reconciliations prepared by junior staff accountants on a weekly & monthly basis
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding & accounting
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies & communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Continually develop, expand & improve month end close & financial reporting procedures
- Communicate with various internal & external partners at various levels
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Participate in special projects relating to ERP implementation & ad hoc analyses as requested
- Mentor & train junior accountants
- You have a Bachelors degree in Accounting
- You have your CPA license
- You have 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, potentially including a mix of private & public accounting experience
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment
- You have an investigative & curious nature, loving problem-solving & utilizing your analytical skill set
- You have very strong Excel skills & are comfortable with analyzing & manipulating large data sets
- You can execute & follow-through on tasks while ensuring attention to detail
- You have experience working with ERP systems
- You have a strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.