At Oscar, were changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people first, & were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. We work side by side in a collaborative, energetic environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
At its most basic level, providing health insurance is about making sure members can easily access the doctors & hospitals in Oscars network & that Oscar accurately pays their claims.
As a Provider Data Processor, you will take responsibility for ensuring our internal databases are fully up to date with the latest information about our network. This includes intake & prep for incoming files, utilizing our internal tools to run the files through our provider data pipeline, quality checking the data at various stages throughout the process & following up with network partners with feedback about the quality of the data theyre sending over. You will be working closely with the Network Account Management, Provider Relations & Provider Data Engineering teams.
During your first six weeks:
- Build a thorough understanding of our provider data pipeline & workflows
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools such as Jira, Splunk & Rosco
- Learn to interpret various formatting of roster files that we receive from our provider partners
- Develop the ability to understand & interpret provider & facility data
- Become comfortable investigating & resolving the common issues that arise within the roster ingestion process
Responsibilities: Processes youll own & execute include:
- Manually prep raw roster files (unique to each partner) & configure mapping to the canonical format
- Coordinate with Engineering teams to kickoff & manage roster ingestion processes
- Map specialties, hospital affiliations, board certifications, & other data fields to our internal ontologies
- Monitor & review process logs throughout the data pipeline & escalate issues to the relevant teams (e.g. Account Managers, Engineering) if needed
- Support roster-related operational workflows (e.g. submitting termination tickets in Jira) that impact member experience & regulatory compliance
- Relay opportunities to improve the data files back to our provider partners
- Manage roster-related requests from internal / external stakeholders & appropriately resolve, triage, or escalate specific issues
- Provide feedback about pain points or opportunities to improve internal tooling
- Support process improvement projects & data quality initiatives
Minimum qualifications: Must-have qualities include...
- Proficiency with personal computers & common Oscar tools (e.g. Microsoft Suite, gmail, Google Docs)
- Eagerness to analyze & solve complex problems
- Strong verbal communications & interpersonal interactions (e.g. partnering, conflict management, etc.)
- Experience interpreting & taking action on information from multiple sources
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Willingness to grow, learn & work as a member of a cross-functional team
- Comfort with changing processes & objectives
- Ability to work diligently with minimal oversight
Nice-to-have qualifications & skills: The following will be helpful, but are not essential
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience manipulating & entering accurate data in a production driven environment
- Advanced skills with Jira, Excel functions or Google Sheets functions
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.