About the Role
SecurityScorecards Finance & Accounting team is a critical part of our organization, providing financial reporting data that informs important business decisions. The Staff Accountant will collaborate with the Accounting team to deliver against tasks essential to day to day operations, as well as contribute to larger projects & initiatives.
As a Staff Accountant, you will be collaborate inside & outside the organization, partnering with FP&A & external auditors. This role will provide a 360-degree experience in private accounting, including involvement in the financial statement close process, accounting policy, GAAP reporting, taxes, & revenue.
The ideal candidate is aself-starter with a strong track record of performance who thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. You have the confidence to speak up, bring both problems & potential solutions to individual/team discussions, suggest improvements to processes based on prior experience/knowledge, & demonstrate complete ownership of your work product. You think big but appreciate the importance of details, & you embrace challenging work.
- Accounts Payable: Process vendor invoices, including coding to proper GL account, department, & time period.
- Correspond with vendors & respond to all internal vendor-related inquiries.
- Travel & Expense: Review employee expense reports for correct coding & compliance with T&E policy.
- Provide guidance & instruction to employees regarding T&E expense matters.
- Accounts Receivable: Communicate with customers as well as employees regarding collections in the Accounts Receivable process.
- Assist with the month end close process & year end audit.
- Other ad-hoc projects
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- A minimum of 1-2 years of accounting experience in an accounting firm or in house
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts & GAAP
- Detail oriented with strong organizational & communication skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Basic functions, pivot tables, Vlookup, sumif)
- Communication across all levels & audiences; tactful
- Technically apt; ability to learn & navigate new systems & tools
- Organized & attentive to details
- Intellectually curious; motivated to learn & apply learnings in real time
At SecurityScorecard, we are revolutionizing the cyber security industry, & we want YOUto be part of the change! Our platform has created a new category of enterprise software, which companies worldwide rely on to manage the cyber security posture of their vendors. We are on a mission to create a new language for companies & their partners to communicate, understand, & improve each others security posture.
We want you to join us on this mission.
Backed by Sequoia & Google Ventures, we are growing tremendously year over year. As we scale, so does our need for talent - if you are intellectually curious & excited by the idea of contributing to a high-growth startup, wed love to talk to you.