VICE Media is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE Media now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film & social. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly & daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & a TV network, VICELAND.
Director of Customer Acquisition & Retention will oversee all VICE Digitals transactional marketing efforts to drive conversions to app downloads & subscribers, ticket sales, & other consumer revenue focused outcomes. You will be the primary marketing liaison across internal & external teams while owning development, execution & reporting of performance marketing activities for VICEs digital business. You will be able to build & execute strategies for each market target & marketing channel to achieve an overall business performance goal. You're an organized, consumer marketer with strong interpersonal skills & history of success leading performance driven marketing launches.
- Responsible for 7-figure revenue target against consumer revenue streams with specific targets for app downloads, subscribers, & ticket sales
- Craft briefs, provide feedback, & act as primary liaison to internal creative & design teams
- You will run a small team to operate social, search, email, & push marketing channels
- As part of the leadership team for emerging products & experiences group, provide strategic mentorship on direction & strategy of offerings from a customer growth perspective
- You will lead planning & development of DTC launch campaigns. Set & run marketing budget, performance goals & media plans
- Implement tracking & monitoring of campaign performance in flight & post campaign
- You will actively optimize & course correct campaigns in flight towards marketing goals & meaningful metrics
- Establish & implement the processes & procedures to run the project from planning to execution
- Build & sustain partnerships with internally & externally facing partners to garnish project support & agreement
- You extract & share consumer insights & business findings from analyzing marketing activities
- 5-7 years in B2C marketing, with a track record of crafting, planning & executing customer acquisition & retention campaigns to drive transformative business results
- Deep channel expertise across the entire marketing mix including offline & online channels
- Intimate understanding & application of performance marketing tactics & attribution methodologies
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity & thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.