Hi, we're Oscar! We are looking for a strong data driven & operations focused leader for the Vice President of Talent Strategy position on our People Team in the New York City office. Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need a great leader of Talent Strategy to help us do so.
The Vice President of Talent Strategy will report into the Chief People Officer & will oversee the HR Business Partners, Employee Relations, D&I & Learning & Development. This person will own the long term strategy of the core people practices, including performance management, people/leadership development, talent management, succession planning & diversity & inclusion.
The VP of Talent Strategy will be chartered with building a world-class organization to help lead the company through its next phase of growth. With a mission of revolutionizing the way we, consumers, think about & have access to our healthcare, Oscar is at a critical point of opportunity & scale.
As an HR & people guru, you will navigate the complex issues of a maturing startup, championing a people-focused, data focused & solutions-oriented approach to ensure that our organization is a well-oiled machine. If you are a passionate, creative, data-driven leader who shares our desire to make Oscar an amazing place to work.
- Design, implement & maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems & training necessary to scale & support the function
- Organizational Development: Partner with leaders to understand & anticipate hiring & development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives; prepare updated workforce plans & forecasts that support overall business goals. This person will manage a team HR Business Partners & will partner with them when it comes to planning
- Performance Management & Development: Oversee how we access performance management & the development of leaders in addition to talent management & success planning
- Vision & Strategy: Work with our Executive team to collaboratively set & execute on the long-term vision for all HR/People functions as well as the organization at large, consistently improving our effectiveness & helping us achieve our overall business goals; drive future organizational design & all change management initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, motivated, & impactful team
- Values & Culture: Help establish our company values & ensure that all decisions, programs, & processes are aligned with our culture & core beliefs
- Diversity & Inclusion: Work with our Head of D&I to build, strengthen & further define our diversity & inclusion strategy.
Who are you?:
We are looking for someone with experience & passion for People operations & culture!
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- 10+ years of related experience in a high-growth & fast-paced setting with managerial responsibilities (ideally at a technology company)
- You have a Bachelors degree and/or Masters in a relevant field & appropriate HR certifications
- Knowledge & experience in organization development, employee relations, training & development & Diversity & Inclusion.
- Proven ambassador of culture
- You think strategically but also focus on tactical & operational issues
- Were scrappy, being ok with digging into the weeds
- Deep understanding & respect for applicable employment laws
- Experience managing complex employee relations situations, regardless of staff level
- An eye for details with patience & persistence to work until its right
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.