Warby Parker is on the lookout for a motivated inventory expert to analyze & manage the controls related to the flow of our goodsfrom the moment a purchase order is placed to the time our product ends up in a customers hands. In this role, youll continually assess our processes to ensure were performing at the very highest levels of accuracy & control around our inventory. If you thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment & take your work seriously (but not yourself!), you may be just the person were looking for. Sound like you? Keep reading!
What youll do
- Perform routine field visits & conduct thorough root-cause analysis on all inventory processes
- Support the onboarding & offboarding of facilities through creation of SOPs, storage design, & audits
- Manage inventory count processes with the goal of optimizing in-season accuracy
- Serve as an in-house expert on inventory best practices, provide trainings for the organization, & mentor a top-notch Inventory Control team
- Continually assess control strategies as the Warby Parker network grows
- Own end-to-end inventory processes across all channels
- Partner with the Loss Prevention Manager to minimize loss & ensure proper accounting of inventory shrinkage
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of professional experience in inventory management or control
- Equipped with a bachelors degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field
- Highly knowledgeable about inventory accounting
- Familiar with PCAOB auditing standards & have successfully managed year-end audit documentation for inventory
- Armed with strong analytical skills & a sharp attention to detail
- A positive team-player with a can-do attitude & exceptional cross-functional collaborative skills
- A strong leader who has managed high-visibility projects from start to finish with measurable results
- Ready to travel up to 25% of the time
- CPA, or demonstrated experience reconciling financial ledgers
- Experience with SQL & Looker
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in house, were able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lensesa fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, weve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. & Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, & launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the worlds most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social & environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally & distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (Were big believers that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work & no play makes an extremely dull office, & no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure dont.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, & other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesnt hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends & family)
- And more (just ask!)