Squarespace is looking for a security engineer to work on our enterprise security program. You will partner with teams across the organization to help promote security, work on security engineering & network security projects that enable a higher level of security. This role is based in our NYC or Portland offices & will report to our Team Lead, Enterprise Security.
- Promote security within Squarespace
- Identify security risks, & develop mitigation plans
- Architect, support & evaluate security-focused tools & services
- Advise on risk assessment, threat modeling & fixing vulnerabilities
- Recommend new security products & technologies
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming or scripting language (preference to Python, Go, or Java)
- 3+ years of experience in network & web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP & BGP)
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, & IT)
- Experience protecting against & mitigating real-world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
- Comfort with Identity & Access Management technologies
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.