Away is seeking a Marketing Manager to manage our paid search, paid YouTube & programmatic marketing channels. This role reports to the Head of Online Marketing & sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is an iterative, performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Aways paid media budget in order to grow our customer base quickly, efficiently, & sustainably.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, ready for responsibility, & hungry to make an impact on a growing business. This position is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City.
What Youll Do:
- Own strategy & execution for paid search channels (Google & Bing), as well as paid YouTube, across both our existing domestic market & new international markets
- Analyze campaign performance, build reporting dashboards, & prioritize opportunities to improve efficiency or generate new learnings for the business
- Adapt strategy to changing business priorities, brand positioning and/or market conditions as necessary, & execute on those changes quickly
- Leverage data to make proactive, thoughtful recommendations with the goal of maximizing your channels incremental impact on top-line revenue
- Develop hypotheses about factors influencing campaign & channel-level performance, then test & learn in collaboration with the wider Acquisition, Retention & Data teams
- Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs & providing recommendations to optimize performance & validate hypotheses for acquiring new customers
- Vet, select, onboard & manage relationships with potential external Display partners
Who You Are:
- You have prior experience (1-2 years) managing search campaigns in Google AdWords, whether in-house or at an agency. Experience managing Bing, YouTube, Display, or international campaigns is a nice-to-have, but not required.
- You have experience analyzing platform metrics in tandem with web data (i.e., Google Analytics) to understand the customer journey, diagnose the cause of inefficiency, & identify opportunities for improvement.
- You are comfortable extrapolating from data, mitigating risk, & working through uncertainty.
- You are comfortable doing data analysis & visualization in Excel. You may have direct experience or exposure to other tools, such as Looker or Tableau.
- You are intellectually curious & have a bias towards rapidly learning new skills or things that interest you.
- You love to travel (but thats a given).
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!