The Global Distribution & Licensing team at TED develops media partnerships, editorial programs, & education products that make TEDs content accessible to diverse audiences around the world in collaboration with leading technology, audio, publishing, & other types of companies. These partnerships generate hundreds of millions of views & listens of TED-branded programming including TED Talks, TED-Ed animations, the TED Radio Hour series, TED Original podcasts & other content, & contribute new revenue to help resource the organizations goals as a not-for-profit educational media brand.
We are seeking a Content Distribution Specialist to help prepare & deliver TED video & audio assets to media partners around the world in accordance with TEDs contractual obligations & each partners deadlines & technical specifications. Deep attention to details, well-developed organization skills, & a natural ability to calmly & efficiently manage mission-critical projects are essential to success in this role.
- Media assets (video, audio, subtitles, images, & metadata) preparation & delivery:
- Coordinate with TED video production & TED-Ed teams on video & audio asset preparation.
- Coordinate with TED Translators team on language subtitle & metadata preparation.
- Coordinate with TED design team on artwork & thumbnail image preparation.
- Coordinate with TED technology team on troubleshooting access issues (FTP, API, embed player, etc.) reported by partners.
- Refine the asset preparation & delivery workflow, helping to build scale while developing new efficiencies.
- Content Quality Control (QC):
- Perform QC review on TED video & audio content that has been prepared for media partners.
- Collaborate with the TED video production team to correct issues found during QC.
- Partner operation coordination:
- Deliver assets via various technologies such as FTP, Aspera, partner CMS, embed codes, & API
- Send delivery confirmation
- Collect & manage assets delivered by partner
- Collect analytics from partner platforms.
- Interface with clients around content delivery, content performance, & any technician troubleshooting, which are all critical to the success of TED's business relationships
- Undertake special projects as requested, e.g. YouTube rights management.
Required for the Position
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience at a leading media company or organization, & a strong familiarity with video in particular. When we start talking about codecs & content delivery systems, those should be very familiar to you.
- Expert user of the following tools: Excel, Google Sheets, Dropbox (a test will be given during the interview)
- Experience working with script languages: SQL, HTML & XML (a test will be given during the interview)
- A great systems thinker obsessed with efficiency.
- Impeccable attention to details.
- You have excellent organizational skills, are good at setting priorities, can manage multiple deadlines, & follow through on tasks. It isn't in your nature to leave a question unanswered or a task half-finished.
- A collaborative team player who can work across departments at TED, & also excels when working independently.
- You love technologies & are always curious to learn new ones.
- You are passionate about TED. When someone mentions a talk that they love, you're likely to have already seen it.
Beneficial to the Position
- Experience in project management
- Experience in relational database, podcasts, RSS feeds, AirTable, R, Tableau
- Experience in Adobe Suite such as PhotoShop, Premier, Illustrator
- Experience in video and/or audio editing
- Experience in productivity tools such as Automator, BBEdit
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work or educational experience.
A curious mind & passion for learning are essential to this position. Enjoying TED Talks & other TED content helps too! Candidates should find joy in ambitious goals, meaningful responsibilities, teamwork, & humor. Were serious about our work but we dont take ourselves too seriously.
This is a full time position, based in TEDs Manhattan office. Competitive salary & innovative, generous benefits including a 2-week company-wide break each summer plus PTO.
WORKPLACE CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
- General: Office environment
- Physical: Repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Mental/Visual: Concentrated mental and/or visual attention; work involves performing tasks to very close accuracy & quality specifications
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices, Computer Software, etc.:
- Ability to use common office equipment such as telephone, computer & copier
- Computer programs to include MS Office, Mac programs, Google Docs, functional related databases
- Travel: Limited / as requested