Away is looking for a Manager of Payroll & Benefits to bring field knowledge & scalable infrastructure to a company with high global growth. Were looking for someone to who is detail-oriented to own the integrity of our payroll process & ensure a benefits program that supports a diverse workforce. Ideal
candidates eagerly look for ways to iterate on our benefit offerings & are constantly curious about ways to better streamline our processes & procedures to ensure this functions grows as the business grows. Ideal candidates understand the value of collaboration but remains motivated while working independently.
You will report to the Senior People Operations Manager & work out of our HQ office in Soho, NY.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for the position.
Some of what you'll do:
- Process US bi-weekly & UK monthly payrolls to ensure compliance, accuracy, & efficiency, & ensure the financial data related to payroll is provided to the accounting team.
- Work with the accounting team to develop processes & controls over payroll data with respect to financial information such as salary & wage expense, benefits expense, & liabilities
- Compile & ensure processing of payroll data exceptions
- Process new hires, employee changes, terminations & benefit administration within our HRIS portal & carrier sites
- Maintain employee master data & implement internal controls over the Employee Master File
- Act as the subject matter expert within our time & attendance platform ensuring timecards are accurate & timely
- Coordinate resolution with payroll & benefit representatives/Insurance carriers to address any inquiries/requests on an on-going basis.
- Reconcile and approve invoices as they relate to the People Operations team
- Oversee compliant practices across multiple states & areas of the business including EEO, ADA, FMLA, PFL, ACA, 5500
- Complete any payroll & benefit related mailings, e.g. child support
- Partner closely with the People Operations team during open enrollment
- Develop the strategy to ensure a deep understanding of our benefit package across all teams & be the point of contact for all questions
- Partner closely with stakeholders to research & rollout payroll & benefit support as we expand internationally
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of three to five years of work experience owning payroll & benefits.
- Strong client-service orientation & relationship-building skills; comfort working with various clients & vendors
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization as both a solo producer & an eager collaborator.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, & ability to manage operations with precision & consistent follow through
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!