Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the Team
The Client Solutions Engineering team is responsible for ensuring successful integration of Foursquares enterprise clients with our products & data. We work directly with clients & partners providing technical guidance & making sure they are able to use Foursquare products & data effectively. We are a high-impact team of developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products & data working closely with our Sales Engineering, Client Success & Product Management teams as well as with clients & partners.
About the role
As a Client Solutions Engineer working on our Developer products you are instrumental to client success with our Pilgrim SDK & Places API. You use your curiosity & persistence to develop expertise in how to use these products effectively, to troubleshoot SDK integrations with platform partners & develop point-of-views on how to use our API for specific use cases. You enjoy helping others solve problems. You use your strong organizational & communication skills to help clients use our products - providing technical documentation, guidance & recommendations as needed. Your first-hand experience with clients helps you understand & advocate for client needs internally with product & engineering. This role can be based in LA, Seattle, New York or Chicago.
Responsibilities of the role
- Driving onboarding of API & SDK products directly with our Enterprise clients & SDK Partners, including providing guidance on how to use our products their use case, validating a successful integration & confirming completion of onboarding
- Be the client ambassador internally - Identify product gaps & feature requirements based on client needs & work with our Product Management & Engineering teams to execute solutions
- Act as the first technical point of contact to our Enterprise clients & SDK partners - providing support internally & externally for Foursquares API & SDK products
- Build out technical & non-technical solutions to address friction points in onboarding - everything from integration & onboarding guides to FAQs & Postman Collections
- 2-3 years experience in Solutions Architecture, Sales Engineering, Developer Evangelist or similar client-facing technical roles
- 2 years or more experience with APIs, SDKs and/or mobile development
- Ability to run client technical calls
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (we use Python primarily)
- Basic proficiency with Shell scripting & command-line utilities
- Basic proficiency with SQL (we use Postgres & Hive) or NoSQL (Mongo)
- Well-versed in reading code, technical documentation, & stack traces
- A degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with working across several teams (technical & non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- Experience with explaining technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- An understanding of Location/GIS industries & data
Perks & benefits:
- Learning & development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.