As part of the newly created Chief Data Officer organization, this role will be a key enabler of our journey to be the worlds leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking a leader who will partner with our enterprise to provide a vision for the future of Data & Analytics work at Walmart, & how individuals & teams across our Enterprise are connected. In this role, you will drive value by leading our Data & Analytics Enterprise Talent Architecture Initiative, though all omni-channel organizations & third-party partners.
You will design Data & Analytics career lattices & ladders that power Walmart innovation & digital transformation, partnering with Global Total Rewards to support alignment with Walmarts compensation framework. You will also design & implement consistently smarter & more effective location strategy & organizational design programs for the Chief Data Officer organization.
Key partnerships for this role will include the Chief Data Officer team, business executives across Sams Club, International, Walmart US & Global Business Solutions, functional leaders in HR Organizational Design, Realty & Global Total Rewards, along with data science, data stewardship, engineering & technology associates across our enterprise.
The Director, Transformational Leadership Strategy & Execution will report to the Senior Director, Strategic & Transformational Leadership.
About the Data Strategy & Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on the fundamentals of change managementpractices focusing on transformational leadership, employee engagement, data & analytics strategy, operating model transformation, communications & executional rigor. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core & building new business model opportunities. Change management today requires Walmart to elevate the level of active leadership, move at a faster pace, include employees in decision-making, & ingrain new behaviors.
As a leader within the broader Global Data Organization, youll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play a role in establishing our Transformational Leadership strategy & deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. Youll work in a close partnership with leaders, scientists, data stewards, analyst, engineering & platforms teams to define a roadmap, maintain agility, & navigate to transform the enterprise through any set of constraints.
- Design Walmarts overall Data & Analytics Transformational Leadership strategy & roadmap.
- Define the future of data & analytics work at Walmart; implement Data & Analytics Talent Architecture across the Enterprise; standardizing existing Job Family Groups irrespective of domains, Job Family Matrices (including Career Paths, Job Levels, Pay Grades, Job Titles, Multidimensional Skills, Scope & Responsibilities - e.g., Know-How, Problem Solving & Accountability)
- Define organizational & team design for the Global Data Organization.
- Design internal consulting, engagement processes & service model to support transformation.
- Align Data & Analytics roles with Walmart compensation framework as new Global Data roles are created based on essential functions & minimum qualifications.
- Ensure roles, career lattices & career paths across the data & analytics operating model are consistent, reflecting modern standards for performance. This work is inclusive of key data & analytics roles across the enterprise including executive leaders, data product disciplines, data stewardship, data science, machine learning engineering, data engineering, platform engineering, architecture, etc.
- Design, Publish & Enforce Near-Term, Mid & Long-Term Global Data Location Strategy Needs
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect & adhere to company standards of integrity & ethics
- Develops & drives optimization strategies for data & analytics delivery processes
- Develops & implements strategies to attract & maintain a highly skilled & engaged workforce
- Develops & leverages internal & external partnerships & networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Drives delivery & business expectations for data & analytics technical programs
- Oversees & drives data & analytics customer service & partnership development internally
- 6 or more years of Leadership Experience in the Information Services Industry
- Possesses both line of business & management consulting experience
- Demonstrated experience with the principals & practices associated with role design, job architecture & career lattices methodologies
- Successfully develops relationships to drive transformation outcomes
- Ability to inform & influence rewards programming to support Data & Analytics Talent Initiatives across the Enterprise