The Vimeo Head of Tax reports to the Chief Financial Officer & is a highly visible role within our growing organization, taking full accountability of all federal & state income tax. The tax function encompasses tax structuring, tax compliance, tax accounting, tax reporting, & tax planning & will work cross-functionally with multiple departments to achieve success.
What you'll do:
- Ensure compliance with the US tax requirements, perform technical research & analysis on a variety of tax questions, including state & local taxes.
- Advise management team on tax impact of business decisions. Identify & communicate tax-planning opportunities.
- Oversee the necessary global tax accounting, planning, compliance, & policy functions
- Ensure accurate, timely filing & payment of consolidated federal, state & local income, sales & excise tax returns.
- Plan & manage relationships with external tax advisors & tax compliance vendors, determine the scope of their work, & review deliverables.
- Manage the US corporate federal & local tax compliance process with internal & external parties including tax provisions, annual returns, & quarterly tax estimates.
- Analyze cross jurisdictional business transactions for tax impacts, & ramifications
- Perform business transactions tax due diligence
- Coordinate tax integration of acquired business, new tax strategies, structures, or initiatives
- Effectively partner with business teams & Sr. management on diverse tax matters
- Perform tax planning & tax modeling exercises
- Prepare tax technical memorandum
- Design governance program & implement tax policies / procedures
- Manage third party service providers throughout the structuring process
- Active participation in review of diverse sets of tax deliverables
- Liase & manage tax examinations, inquiries, & negotiations
- Knowledge of compliance with GAAP & SEC tax accounting issues, including UTPs (FIN48)
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelors or masters degree in tax or accounting required
- CPA required
- Approximately 10-15+ years of hands-on experience
- Combination of public accounting & technical industry experience required
- Experience analyzing & advising on sales tax & corporate income tax obligations across different US states
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills & ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness & ability to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written & oral communication skills
- Strong ability to impart knowledge, train & develop less experience staff
- Superior work ethic with high level of accountability
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.