Senior Software Engineer
TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits & present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants & diners.
Through TheFork (website & application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type & average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability & instantly book online.
From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations & ultimately improve service & revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire & enable people to confidently discover, experience & share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business & how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers & our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
In this context, we are looking for a Fullstack JS Developer (NodeJS/ReactJS) with experience on a high traffic website.
- You will contribute to design features with your team,
- You will take part in the implementation of the new features of our products,
- You will be working on TFM3: our software used by 55k restaurants to daily manage their bookings.
What technologies are we using?
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend & frontend, & we work with React for our interfaces & GraphQL as API.
- Our front-end solutions are built upon ReactJS, Redux, LESS/SASS, Grunt & Webpack, ES6, respecting BEM methodology over material design style guides,
- Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on NodeJS & PHP /Symfony for legacy. We also use relational databases (MySQL & PostgreSQL), memcache, RabbitMQ,
- Our architecture is micro-service oriented with GraphQl API,
- Our websites & servers are monitored with New Relic & ad hoc probes for specific needs,
- We monitor applications through ELK,
- We are using unit, functional & integration testing to have quality proof software,
- We are well advanced in the process of migrating to Kubernetes & AWS for orchestration & hosting,
- We use JIRA & Confluence,
- We are using capistrano, jenkins, docker, chef, vagrant to setup our continuous integration system,
- Our infrastructure is based on a scalable horizontal architecture to serve our customers in 12 countries.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, & pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit.
Who you are ?
- You are experienced with NodeJS,
- You are experienced with ReactJS, Flux, Redux,
- You are an expert in native JS,
- You care about security, quality & performance,
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy,
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, & stimulated by working as a team,
- You are comfortable writing & speaking in english.
- Nice to have
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs
- You know the Scrum methodology
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project
- Experience working with remote teams
- You contribute to open source or know many open source bundle,
- You have a good knowledge of the concepts & technologies of relational database, SQL, query optimization, etc.,
- You have a first experience of no-sql systems or on SOLR, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis,
- Notions in responsive programming is a plus.
What we offer ?
- Being part of hyper growth digital player, headquartered in Paris, with strong international presence & with a winning company culture (balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment)
- Attractive salary & bonus based on performance, Restricted Stock Units
- Meet-up & Conferences
- Cool & cosy offices located in the heart of Paris (9eme)
- RTT, flexible hours, home-office
- Ping-pong, "babyfoot", video games, board games, free massage, yoga, cross training & boxe lessons, afterworks, theater courses, global european seminars.