Factor_ a brand of HelloFresh is seeking an experienced Sous-Chef responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the kitchens. You will ensure that all food served meets the highest quality standards & follows all SOP's & company specs. You will directly oversee all cooks, deboxing, & cooling practices. You will monitor equipment maintenance & conditions & will ensure that the kitchen operates alongside state & federal health & safety codes. You will also ensure that all food meets the highest quality standards & is produced on time.
You will coordinate kitchen staff, assisting them as required, training staff to prepare & cook all the menu items. Stocktaking ingredients & equipment & placing orders as needed.
You will enforce best practices for safety & sanitation in the kitchen.
You will ensure GPM's are followed, comply with all checks (cooking time, cooling temps, etc.) & reconcile inventory of raw materials with number of meals prepared, & work closely with other functions within the facility to execute plant-wide initiatives
- Be responsible for training kitchen staff
- Provide coaching & development to shift hourly kitchen staff.
- Maintaining security of kitchen including equipment food & supply inventories
- Food procurement, delivery, storage & issuing of food items
- Planning energy conservation procedures in the kitchen
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training & corrective direction.
- Report information & update managers throughout every shift with knowledge of kitchens operations.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety & morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Submit requests for maintenance, repairs & upkeep of the kitchen & its equipment
- Work to continuously improve processes.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls & provides regular progress reports to the Chef de Cuisine during the shift.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Manage department priorities as situations arise.
- Perform accident investigations & notify management as appropriate
- Leadership: Able to train & develop a large group of employees and manage an active kitchen
- A problem solver
- Results Driven
- Able speak to employees with tact & diplomacy
- Able to multitask - tracking/monitoring recipe development & maintaining productivity
- Computer literate to input information into the computer
- Able to take direction & relay information to employees
- Comfortability in being exposed to hot, cool and/or cold environment (30 - 70)
At a minimum, you have...
- Required: High School Diploma or GED or related work experience
- American Culinary Federation chef certification preferred
- 5+ years experience in commissary kitchen & high-volume food preparation
- Fluent in Microsoft Office & Google Suite applications