Vimeos mission is to help every business & video professional grow their brand with video. Through our ever expanding suite of tools that allows everyone to create, manage, share, & sell video we have seen incredible growth & one thing we are most proud of is our community. Our 200 million members are everything from high-end video producers, metric-driven marketers, small business owners, agencies, enterprise teams & everyone in between.
Vimeo is looking for a Director of Community to establish a new role within Vimeos marketing organization focused on inspiring & promoting our role in all the communities we are building. This is a leadership role overseeing Vimeos content & curation (Staff Picks) team. The Director will work closely with many internal teams, including Vimeos Product org, to define the future of what curation & inspiration looks like on Vimeo while growing & evolving the content engine. The ideal candidate will have a track record of telling customer success stories at scale, & an understanding of how to use products to motivate users to engage Vimeo for every part of their video marketing strategy. Experience with scaling a content studio & community while contributing to cross-channel campaigns for high-profile brands is required.
This is a full-time leadership position, reporting to the CMO.
What youll do:
- Lead the development of Vimeos community initiatives - Staff Picks, Vimeo Festival & Awards, Community Product development & launches, grant projects, & new programs involving agencies & creative professionals
- Oversee & lead the Content team & scale an in-house content studio to tell success stories of businesses using Vimeo to grow
- Identify key moments to activate the Vimeo community across the global cultural calendar, working closely with Vimeos Creative, Content, Partnerships, Product, & Paid Marketing teams as well as Vimeos Employee Community Groups
- Build, develop, support, & inspire a team of skilled, hardworking Curators while optimizing the Curation teams process, looking for ways to expand curation beyond core segments & reflect the values of our ever-evolving community
- Assess existing curation programs for business impact as well as develop new programs to support other key segments
- Represent Vimeo externally attending industry events & festivals, serving on juries, giving presentations, speaking on panels, etc.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of experience working in-house, at agencies, or in other content capacities
- 5+ years of managing teams & growing large-scale community initiatives
- Proven history of successful leadership
- Passion for all things video & familiarity with a diverse array of video styles
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess connections in the Creative, Production, Film, and/or Agency industries
- Driven by data, & proficiency with tools to provide insights into project effectiveness (Excel, Google Docs, etc.)
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.