WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development (RedTech) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, & project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design & build more efficiently, & manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech & would love to have you on the team!
- Deep knowledge of design patterns & their applications.
- Take active role in breaking down an epic into multiple sprints & tickets.
- Define the best implementation method & related effort to answer a given problem.
- Lead feature development with 1-2 more collaborators..
- Identify & drive code improvements, including technical debt.
- Author feature-specific design docs.
- Serve as an example of quality code & design, & push for better processes around how the team operates.
- Mentor others & proactively identify opportunities to improve intra- and/or inter-team capability, such as interviewing & active participation in guilds.
- Advocate for a solid technical approach & influence peers.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 4+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented & clean code.
- Experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus).
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Good understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, & Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.