Senior Software Engineer, Product API Internal
The Product API Internal team is responsible for making it easier for teams to migrate to or build microservices. They are also responsible for some key shared infrastructure such as the GraphQL API gateway. The team builds Kotlin shared libraries used by services, provides service CI/CD tooling, & works with other teams closely to adopt & improve these common areas.
Were looking for strong, passionate senior software engineers to join us in our quest to enable teams to build scalable & extensible services, as we scale our architecture to support many more millions of members.
At Peloton, intelligent & motivated engineers can have a tremendous impact on what we create & how we create it. Help us build the future of fitness!
- Evolve the architecture of various components & services in a microservice ecosystem.
- Identify common patterns in microservices & extract common, reusable components.
- Evangelize & encourage development of reusable components both within the team & within other application/service teams.
- Propose, experiment, & implement solutions to scale team-owned services. Leverage production monitoring/profiling/tracing & load testing tools to discover bottlenecks & using techniques such as data modeling, query optimization, & caching to address the bottlenecks.
- Improve the GraphQL ecosystem at Peloton, including GraphQL API gateway performance, reliability, & security.
- 6+ years of experience building, testing, deploying, & monitoring services, with demonstrable experience building common libraries & toolings used by services.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, e.g., Java, Kotlin, Go, Python, NodeJS/Typescript, or an event loop based programming language. Experience with Kotlin Coroutines or reactive Java / Netty is a plus.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles & fundamentals including data structures & algorithms.
- Self-directed & detail oriented, with ability to come up with good design proposals or thorough analysis of production issues.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Request Processing: REST, gRPC, & GraphQL
- Distributed caching, relational databases, & NoSQL databases
- Monitoring/Tracing/Profiling: Monitoring tools such as Datadog; tracing tools such as Zipkin or Datadog APM.
- Deploy platforms & tooling: GitHub Actions, Kubernetes.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.