What You Get To Do Every Day
- Facilitate all Valuation appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their items in our marketplace
- Conduct real-time valuations & authentication for fashion items, using a wide array of industry specific tools
- Provide pre-consignment pricing services to consignors & sales team members per direction of Luxury Consignment Office
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends & the sell thru velocity of fashion items in our marketplace by working with the Pricing & Authentication teams
- Accountable for the sell thru & velocity of product they have priced personally
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Work with Store Manager to understand customer needs & stay current with in-store operations
- Handle all other requests as necessary to support the Luxury Consignment Office & Retail Store as determined by Senior Manager, Valuations Team
What You Bring To The Role
- 3-5 years experience in buying, designing, planning or merchandising; Handbags
- Knowledge of luxury handbags in the primary or secondary market
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 5+ years experience understanding & delivering values for fashion items
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role
- Sales experience encouraged
- Team player able to work effectively & collaboratively across all departments to meet goals & deadlines
- Proven experience building a profitable business in Womens category
- Strong management & team building experience
- Ability to remain flexible & change strategies as business needs dictate
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each & every day
- Available to work retail-hours & weekends based on needs of the Luxury Consignment Office
- Open to regional travel per sister office needs & local satellite events
- Fashion identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, & the ability to quickly establish trust with consignors
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool & collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal & written)
- Demonstrates the skill & willingness to take initiative & to pro-actively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external & internal deadlines as required.
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates & to problem solve in order to ensure proper execution of Valuation office processes
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.