Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As an engineer in this team, the individual will be involved in the plan, build & run activities related to database technology & infrastructure. The role will contribute to the design/architect, solution engineering, & support; will be responsible for delivering database projects, maintaining the running systems, able to perform problem analysis & troubleshooting. The individual should be well versed in database administration & engineering practices & principles. The individual will share the responsibility of overall database build, deployment & support. He or she will provide technical influence & subject matter expertise for the database team, responsible for solving complex problems & taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The role serves as a technical/functional specialist & works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Manage, support & maintain database technology & infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines & policies.
- Database administration for off the shelf & internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation & availability in support of mission critical business applications & participating in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade & maintain Oracle databases in production & non-production environments.
- Support local/across the DC failover with High Availability Disaster Recovery environment. Participate in Database Maintenance & DR activities.
- Write/maintain Shell/Perl/Python scripts for DB automation.
- Provide technical expertise & hands-on support in consolidation & migration of databases to new hardware & platforms.
- Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, & disaster recovery solutions.
- Proactive & reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting & resolution of escalated Level 2 & Level3 issues.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth & system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, & the structured organized reporting of the same.
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, & technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's & performance targets.
- Adapt business requirements, model data, & develop database specifications, table & element attributes.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection & implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring & tuning, recovery, & database change management processing.
- Ability to work well as a team & as an individual with minimal supervision.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 4-5 years of experience managing complex bi-directional replication topology
- Strong understanding of PostgreSQL database fundamentals
- Strong understanding of PostgreSQL streaming & logical replication
- Strong understanding of PostgreSQL database security management
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills & understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments & security.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, Shell scripting, Perl/Python scripting is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems & database environment issues.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law