At 1stDibs, its our mission to enrich lives with extraordinary design. As a marketplace for furniture, art, jewelry, & fashion, we are continuously invested in creating beautiful experiences for our users, & are currently seeking a Senior Manager to lead a team of subject matter experts & operational staff on the Art + Design Research & Sourcing teams. The ADR teams vision is to continue to define, develop, adapt, & monitor/maintain the standards of artistry,, attribution, & listing quality of the site, while balancing 1stDibs core values with generally accepted art & design industry standards, & ensuring scalable/responsible practices that protect the 1stDibs community & its supply.
In this role, you will need exceptional communication skills, a commercial & process optimization mindset, & the ability to lead teams to achieve results. This role establishes & upholds the validation criteria for all new sellers, high value sales & the marketplace as a whole. Working collaboratively across the organization, you will steer the criteria for our quality & brand identity. Your work will provide our leadership team with insights on category, leading seller acquisition & review, & marketplace vetting.
What youll do:
- Develop a deep understanding & familiarity of our supply verticals by overseeing the consistent & ongoing review of sellers to ensure our high marketplace standards are met
- Lead the team in establishing strategy & identify objectives to align with business goals
- Manage the operations of marketplace reviews for the team across all verticals (furniture, fine art, fashion, jewelry), including organizing & distributing workflows & processes, setting the frequency of recurring reviews, & reporting effectively to internal stakeholders on marketplace optimization
- Serve as official cross-functional point of escalation for transactional vetting, seller inquiries, day-to-day team functions & process creation
- Senior Manager will also serve as a point of contact for external parties working with the team including foundations, designer & artist archives & will establish relationships with these institutions for on-going partnerships
- Develop, schedule & conduct training presentations & identify opportunities to educate the company in art & design
What youll bring
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, background in auction houses or galleries with a commercial aspect preferred
- People manager with experience leading, coaching, & developing a team to build a high performance culture. Serve as an advocate for the Art & Design specialist team.
- Demonstrated success in building out processes to achieve supply goals
- Strong cross functional collaborator with the ability to influence data-driven decision-making
- Experience in a high growth environment & capability to lead change management
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, adept at building relationships across all levels of the organization
- Previous experience in a digital/e-commerce company preferred
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers & makers of vintage, antique, & contemporary furniture, home dcor, art, fine jewelry, watches & fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.