Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquares business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; & drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter & Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide & Swarm. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map & models fresh & up-to-date.
About this Position:
Foursquare is looking for a Product Manager to help execute & rapidly scale a new offering launched earlier this year, Data Solutions, to meet its exponential growth remit in 2020. Data Solutions leverages Foursquares trove of location data to empower other industries to drive insights & optimizations through the seamless integration of data. We are looking for someone whos comfortable working on an enterprise product & can juggle technical concepts across web applications, data engineering, & machine learning.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Foursquare to identify & execute ideas through the product development process
- Partner with engineering to manage the day-to-day engineering process & ensure projects are well scoped, clearly communicated, & tracking on time
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify dependencies & ensure teams are aligned
- Conduct market & user research to develop ideas to help inform the product strategy & vision for the team
- Experience: 1-3 years professional working experience either as a PM or in another technical or analytical function such as business/product analyst, engineering/sales engineering.
- Technical: You have a keen interest in technology & can juggle quickly learning & applying concepts across the development of web applications, data systems & engineering, as well as building with machine learning.
- Analytical: Youre detail-oriented & can construct a narrative for using data in order to drive decision making process, SQL is a nice-to-have.
- Communication: Youre a strong communicator, both written & orally. You enjoy working with complex concepts & distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. Youre comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders & can work with a senior PM to manage competing needs to drive alignment & resolution.
- Organizational skills: You can juggle a multitude of projects, effectively working with senior members of the team to prioritize & focus on the most impactful work for the product.
- Intellectual Curiosity: You have a keen interest in technology, business, & design. You look outside your day to day to ensure you keep learning & growing.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.