Location: New York City
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 500 talented employees across eight global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
What youll do here:
- Join our 9-month rotational program (3 months each, on 3 different engineering teams)
- Learn about our different teams & products
- Develop technical solutions for our services & pipelines
- Contribute to products that have a real impact in breaking events worldwide
- Build & ship new features for our customers
- At the completion of the program, you will be matched to a permanent team
Who you are:
- You will graduate in 2020 with a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- You write clean, well-structured code, & are passionate about code quality
- You have taken advanced-level CS courses, including in algorithms & data structures
- You have interned previously in a technology focused environment & made an impact while there
- You are very familiar with data structures, storage systems
- You are comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
Preferred Qualifications (2 or more):
- Extensive experience with Java and/or web technologies
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Experience with front end frameworks like React/Redux, Angular
- Have previously developed RESTful services
- Experience with SQL or another query language
- Have contributed substantially to an open source project
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity
- Paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- Opportunities to own & drive important critical projects
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training
- Generous leave & flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- ...and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.