Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our mobile engineering team builds Mailchimp iOS & Android apps as part of our all-in-one marketing platform. We are hiring an Engineering Manager to lead a team of Android, iOS & backend engineers & to manage mobile apps delivery. The ideal candidate will be focused on enabling a team of engineers to do their best work. You will work closely with cross functional teams to identify & refine opportunities for solving mobile customer needs. You will have a strong technical aptitude to provide valuable direction & insight, but you will prefer enabling team members, rather than creating the solutions yourself.
What youll do:
- Lead & grow a high performing, diverse team of 5-7 Mobile engineers on product teams:
- Provide 1:1 coaching & mentoring to engineers. Communicate effectively to peer managers & members of leadership.
- Cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, feedback, & decision making. Facilitate open & honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences & diverse perspectives of team members. Lean on Senior & above level engineers to make technical decisions.
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, & collaboration among team members. Support & encourage those who face challenging situations.
- Align groups of people along shared goals & establish flexible systems for ensuring accountability. Support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals & their individual objectives.
- Recognize when it's necessary to talk through difficult topics & deliver clear, candid, & actionable feedback. Coordinate healthy discussions & work to establish consent when consensus is unattainable.
- Cultivate & solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Apply criticism & mistakes as an opportunity to learn without assigning blame or entrenching regret.
- Foster a collaborative environment with product managers, designers, marketing & others to support & implement mobile requirements
- Promote continuous improvement of engineering practices including code, architecture, platform automations, release & maintenances
We'd love to hear from you if:
You have several years of combined experience as an engineer & a leader of engineering teams, and:
- You are passionate about career growth & self-development of engineers.
- You love listening to engineers & helping them succeed in their career path.
- You have demonstrated the ability to guide engineers based on your understanding of technologies & your knowledge of best practices to build products.
- You have successfully run the day-to-day Agile scrum process for a software development team.
- You are energized by the journey of building excellent products that improve peoples lives.
- You have the ability to dive into code, grasp architecture & operational concerns & communicate with technology teams.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.