We are looking for a Head of Logistics to join our New York, NY Revenue Operations team.
1stDibs is the worlds leading marketplace for extraordinary design. More than 6,000 dealers in 27 countries transact via 1stDibs, with buyers located around the world. Given 1stDibs vast range of items, price points, & routes, you will need to work through big questions to define & build the ideal freight, white glove, & parcel fulfillment options for each unique item. The ability to assess & prioritize efforts will be crucial. Your overall goal is to make 1stDibs logistics offering best-in-class.
We have made significant improvements to enable rapid growth in our logistics capabilities, & need to optimize our carrier strategy across shipping types & geographies to deliver on our promise of lowest cost, fastest speed, highest quality, & greatest transparency for comparable service. You will define the types of local, regional & global partnerships required; develop route & region-specific strategies to reduce cost & increase speed, & inform technology investments required to automate the quote to registration process & enable real-time tracking of nearly all orders.
The ideal candidate will steer the transformation & scaling of our logistics operations & strategy. You will report to the Chief Revenue Officer & will work closely with the Product organization.
What youll do:
Develop global carrier & network strategy
- Define the types of partners required to enable global shipping of extremely valuable, precious & rare merchandise, leveraging parcel, freight, & white glove services
- Recommend specific partners across shipping types & geographies, with a view toward coverage of the US, EU, & LATAM
- Develop route & region specific strategies to reduce cost & increase speed
- Guide contract & pricing negotiations
Scale complex logistics operations
- Design process improvements to the shipping quote process; define a longer-term strategy to streamline & automate relevant components of this process
- Recommend near-term process improvements to improve tracking of shipments in order to create transparency for buyers & dealers
- Partner with our Product & Engineering teams to prioritize & address the most important opportunities to positively impact customers, dealers, & internal users
Lead a global team of logistics specialists
- Oversee day-to-day management of 1stDibs global logistics team including workforce planning, timely resolution of escalations, & performance management
- Ensure the teams adherence to customer service levels & monitor carrier performance
What youll bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of operational management experience, including growing & managing a global team
- MBA preferred
- Consulting, strategy or investment banking background preferred
- Digital & ecommerce experience
- Demonstrated track record of solving complex strategic & operational problems
- Superior business judgment coupled with logical, data-driven & fact-based approach
- Experience in operational scalability & best practices
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining close attention to detail
- Appreciation for balancing high-touch service with operational efficiency
- Strong communication skills internally & externally
- Experience building external partnerships with third party vendors
- Plus: Experience in managing complex logistics across shipping types & geographies; familiarity with regional & global carriers, including parcel, freight & white glove carriers
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.