We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking, & highly skilled Freelance Digital Designer to join our Glossier Creative team. The role will work collaboratively with the social & performance team to design compelling content for Glossiers paid & organic social channels & platforms. We are looking for a proactive & self-motivated candidate with solid digital design capabilities & a comprehensive understanding of social channels.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a range of content -- from Glossiers brand voice & messaging, retail/experiential production, to product & packaging design for each of our products. The role will report into the Junior Digital Designer.
- Interpret & develop Glossiers existing brand for organic & paid social channels, retouch images, design digital banners, video title cards, digital invites & support with presentations & video title cards when needed. Bring Glossier to life online in a way that is consistent with all of our other consumer touch points (product, packaging, etc.) as well as our brand mood boards & references.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the creative design team, focused on functional, delightful, beautiful creative.
- Execute design for marketing campaigns across organic & paid social channels.
- Collaborate with marketing & digital product managers to make data-driven design decisions based on analytics & user feedback.
- Structure Photoshop comps to optimize efficient workflow & production.
- Follow & maintain brand identity standards.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 1+ year of working in a professional digital design setting
- Abstract thinking, creative energy, confidence, self-motivation
- Knowledge & experience working with both creative & marketing teams
- Expert knowledge of digital, social, video content
- Expert knowledge of content platform current best practices, technologies & creative standard
- Knowledge of relevant tools: After Effects, Microsoft Office, Keynote, Google G-Suite, etc.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment with tight deadlines
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.