CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums & venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses & our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with considerable backend experience in creating APIs & Platforms that application developers across CLEAR will use. Youll be stewarding & enhancing a front end application development platform which helps developers write biometric applications running on tablets & devices. This role offers an exciting opportunity to create & iterate on new versions of the platform while influencing architecture, & tackling our unique technical challenges. This is an amazing opportunity to help drive growth of our product & our team.
What You Will Do:
- Build reusable components using Typescript for other product teams to leverage so they can build biometric applications.
- Integrate with Facial recognition hardware, thermal cameras, Proximity Sensors, RFID sensors, Iris Scanners, Document Scanners & other hardware devices
- Extend the biometric application platform to deliver better Observability for the products running on it
- Drive technology improvements to help our systems evolve with our needs
- Write clear & well-tested code & help our team do the same
- Conduct code reviews & seek out opportunities to mentor
- Help the team execute against our product roadmap & goals
Who You Are:
- You are someone who cares about the customer experience as much as the technical quality of your delivery.
- Have experience developing & deploying APIs for other developers to consume
- You believe in the importance of learning & mentoring in a high-performing team
- You enjoy working across the entire stack including infrastructure
- You have familiarity working in an AWS environment
- You share our focus on privacy & security.