ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is hiring a full-time Branded Content Writer to communicate our partners messaging to our audience in multiple formats. Reporting to the Senior Branded Content Editor, youll join our growing Creative Studios unit & work closely with the client services team to execute best-in-class campaigns across a variety of platforms including our newsletters, social products, web, & audio. Youll be a guardian of theSkimms voice & tone while playing a critical role in helping the business develop.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Strategize, brainstorm, & create content for branded partnerships with upstarts, Fortune 500 companies, & everything in between
- Craft copy for a variety of platforms (including newsletter, web, audio, social, & video) through the post-sale process using assets provided by our brand partners & what youll soon know about our target audience
- Partner with the client services & sales teams on campaigns to create effective content while maintaining theSkimm's brand & editorial standards
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 35 years of experience working in digital media or advertising, with at least 1 year as a branded content writer, branded content editor, or brand creative
- Excellent (copy)writing skills with the ability to write in the voice of a character
- Experience creating social media content
- Ability to translate a brand's story for theSkimm's unique platforms
- Knowledge of web, social, video, & audio trends
- Passion for theSkimm & its mission
- A self-starter & a team player
- Attention to detail
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Interest in & knowledge of the branded content industry
- Experience creating content for a variety of client categories including finance, food & bev, entertainment, tech, retail, health & wellness, auto, & beauty
- A strong pulse on news & pop culture
- The perfect blend of creativity & journalistic instinct
- Experience scripting & producing audio or video
- Strong organizational skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work. While our employees are continuing to work remotely throughout the remainder of 2021, we are excited to return to HQ in New York, NY next year. Beginning in January 2022, the office will be open Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday & NY metro area employees will come together in person a minimum of 3 days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employee & they may go in as often as they'd like.
We will require vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations for any additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.