ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports & interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its dynamic Risk team a Senior Risk Manager, reporting to the Director of Risk, with 10+ years of risk & compliance background, & controls mindset. The Senior Risk Manager will be responsible for the timely & effective execution & assessment of FanDuels Risk program & practices, as well as being the centralized point of contact for internal audits. This role will also be the central person to enable senior management to effectively respond appropriately & in a timely fashion to internal audits, including issues management & closure.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This position will join a fantastic team of talented risk, compliance & legal professionals striving to maintain & continually enhance FanDuels position as the most trusted operator in this industry. Superior analytical, strategic, communication, interpersonal & writing skills are of paramount importance, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being a team player, & an aptitude to learn quickly the nuances of a highly regulated technology & media business.
This Senior Risk Manager will have responsibility for Risk reporting within FanDuel as well as engagement with the parent companys risk organization. The ideal candidate for this job has extensive experience in a mature risk organization, & ideally, engaged in building a successful risk organization from the ground up.
In this role, the Senior Risk Manager will be responsible for building & enhancing risk practices at the company. Specifically, this position is responsible for the following key areas:
- Governance: Responsibility for execution of governance & framework of Risk & Compliance Committee through: (1) preparation of meeting materials & minutes; (2) updates to charter; & (3) monthly reporting.
- Policies & Procedures: Oversight of governance & execution of policy governance, including system for approval & re-approval of policies & procedures; & tracking of policy & procedure lifecycle.
- Issues Management: Implementation & execution of Issue Management Process & System to identify, track & report on issues (including the framework), including the use of GRC tool to document; communicate & provide awareness on Issue Management.
- Monitoring & Testing: Manages program execution of monitoring & testing of FanDuels internal controls & to aid business with maintaining effective compliance.
- Metrics & Reporting: Central point of Risk & Compliance metrics collection & reporting, including effective & accurate metrics to enable effective operational & strategic reporting for internal stakeholders.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Once hired, the Risk Manager may be required to obtain licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators in those jurisdictions.
- 10+ years of compliance-related practice or role building technology solutions to support monitoring & testing of systems & controls, preferably in risk, compliance, or internal audit, in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience building out effective risk & compliance processes in a rapid-growth environment strongly preferred.
- A strong aptitude for policy, process, procedure, analytics, & effective reporting.
- Experience assisting with continually evolving the risk-based monitoring program with a focus on testing automations & scalability.
- Experience in utilizing GRC tools for Audit & Issue Management, & reporting.
- Program & project implementation experience a must.
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- An exceptional team builder & team player.
- A self-starter with energy to follow-through & own the outcome.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
The applicable salary range for this position is $120,000 to $185,000 which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs & market demand. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.