WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development (RedTech) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, & project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design & build more efficiently, & manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech & would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities & cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Act as a systems designer, leading designs of major software components, systems, & features owned by the team.
- Represent a squad & be a go-to person for a large area of technical expertise.
- Set & drive OKRs, & drive sprints for a squad given strategic or functional direction.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools & frameworks & methods to facilitate in effectively meeting the team sprint objectives & the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Drive feature development end-to-end & deliver large projects at quarterly level.
- Drive POC activities, initiation of new frameworks or services while taking hands-on role in execution.
- Active partner with product, design, & peer engineering leads & managers.
- Regularly give actionable feedback to team members, peers, & mentees.
- Have indirect influence beyond functional boundaries, such as with product on technical feasibility & roadmap, or with test engineering on tooling & execution needs.
- Align co-related systems across squads on common API patterns, practices, or other instrumentation.
- Motivate engineers on the squad to join or focus on set of initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 6+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented & clean code.
- Demonstrated experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience designing & developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, & caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, & Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.