THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is looking for an FP&A Sr. Analyst to join the Finance team in New York. As an analyst, you will partner with other departments to drive the development of the companys budgeting & FP&A processes. The ideal candidate will be a persistent self-starter who is excited to support a cross-functional team through complex analyses. You will be a consummate communicator & provide insights that will enable senior management to make decisions on the direction of the company.
WHATS ON THE MENU:
- Partner closely with Supply Chain team to provide financial insights & support to Culinary Planning, Food/Packaging Sourcing, & Procurement
- Work across FP&A & the organization to support the annual budgeting process, rolling forecasts & process improvement for the Fulfillment, Procurement & Culinary team
- Perform variance analysis of budgeted/forecasted against actual financial performance, clearly interpreting & documenting variances & cost drivers
- Support monthly financial close & weekly operational performance reviews by articulating the story implied by the analytical findings
- Assist in developing key performance indicators with the Procurement team to enable measurable action plans
- Develop P&L & forecast for new business lines & core product expansion
- Support ad-hoc analyses required by Executive leadership, including business cases, cost savings initiatives & ROI analyses
- Foster entrepreneurial spirit across the company & lead cultural awareness towards developing FP&A to be the heartbeat of the organization
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience, ideally in analytical roles, such as corporate finance or investment banking, or in a finance role at a business in the manufacturing space
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting & accounting
- Expert data analysis/management, rigorous financial modeling & presentation skills with the ability to draw conclusions & develop actionable recommendations
- Can drive cross-functional initiatives involving employees from across the organization at HQ & our Fulfillment Centers
- Ability to form & develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles & organizational levels
- Flexibility; someone who is adaptive to frequent changes in priorities, organization & strategy, flexible to deadlines with short lead times
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities & produce deliverables of high quality
- Are comfortable communicating to senior management & business partners in in a clear & effective manner
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Business is preferred
- This position sits in New York, but some travel to our Fulfillment Centers will be required (< 10%)
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.