Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Create design assets for Casper Retail + Wholesale projects - New Store Openings, Store Remodels, Relocations, Wholesale Shop-in-Shops, Showroom & other special projects.
- Work with cross-functional business partners to ensure all designs are aligned with brand standards as well as meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with internal & external partners to see Visual + Store Design projects through to completion.
- Concept & storyboard new creative design initiatives such as fixture designs, signage components, in-store or window displays, storefronts, etc.
- Source additional in-store elements such as furniture, finishes, props, lighting, & decorative accents for all NSOs & existing retail locations.
- Generates & owns fixture, materials, & product library.
- Establish & manage project workflow & timelines in order to meet deadlines.
- Monitors & adheres to established project budget
Who youll work with
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for keeping Visual + Store Design projects on track by regular communication with:
- Internal Partners - Visual Merchandising, Environments, Marketing, Real Estate, Procurement, & Retail Operations
- External vendors - Design Agencies, General Contractors, Architects
Our dream candidate is/has
- 1-3 years prior store design experience in an Architectural/Design firm or in-house store design team for a retail brand
- Prefer Bachelors in Architecture, Interior Design or similar
- Expert skills in: computer drafting/rendering/graphic skills: Google Sketchup 3D & Rhino modeling & views, V Ray rendering, & AutoCAD 2D/3D
- Ability to produce design development renderings, drawings (plans, elevations, sections), & architectural details as needed to make certain that projects are designed in a manner consistent with brand aesthetics & best retail practice
- Strong passion for spacial & retail design, with a deep understanding of design principles
- Has a strong design aesthetic & point of view around home decor, fashion, & product styling
- Ability to work independently with a high sense of urgency while balancing multiple tasks
- Strong presentation skills with a proven track record of communicating ideas to those at various levels of the organization
- Takes initiative with a no task too small, no task too big attitude
- Is a strong project manager who is obsessed with organization, asset, & time management
- Must have excellent collaboration & communication skills (written & verbal)
- Travel time needed to conduct site visits, support new store openings or corporate projects
- This role can be fully remote, but living in the NYC area is a plus
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.