Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management Director to join our Sourcing & Procurement team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Lead & implement end-to-end strategic sourcing processes & build trusted relationships throughout the company to ensure early & active participation. Taking role on high-priority supplier negotiations & have a measurable impact on Oscar's bottom line. Create a vendor management center of excellence within Shared Services to define & implement on best practices to create the most value out of third-party vendor relationships.
You will report to the Senior Director, Sourcing & Procurement.
- Lead, coach & develop a team of procurement professionals
- Lead the strategic sourcing & vendor management strategy driving the transformation of how Oscar will operate in the future & ensure we build a scalable & measurable procurement operation
- Achieve cost savings & cost avoidance targets. Improved vendor performance management (cost & quality indicators)
- Single contact for operations strategic vendor relationships ; transform strategic sourcing processes & execution across the business & help build development multi-year supplier strategy & senior relationships within the vendor partners
- Work independently while leading teams
- Lead project teams in achieving quantifiable savings by applying sourcing methods.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience leading & supporting a team
- Experience formulating "build or buy" decisions, managing an RFP process & negotiating contracts
- Excellent leadership & communication skills to achieve results across multiple programs & partners
- Demonstrated ability to build external relationships & hold partners
- Demonstrated ability to produce cost savings & cost avoidance
- Bachelor's degree
- Understand, organize, communicate & present complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences
Life at Oscar:
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.