Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Privacy Manager to join our Privacy team in our California office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Privacy Manager will work under the direction of the Head of Privacy to develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive enterprise-wide privacy program that is resilient to changes in business practices, regulations & privacy expectations while enabling consistent, effective privacy practices which minimize risk & ensure the confidentiality of protected information across the organization.
The Privacy Manager is responsible for supporting the execution of day-to-day privacy activities under the direction of the Head of Privacy as described below.
- Support the development & implementation of a comprehensive enterprise-wide privacy program
- Maintain privacy program documentation, including records of processing, privacy notices, policies, procedures, & data protection guides
- Develop & manage procedures for vetting & auditing vendors for compliance with the privacy & data security policies & legal requirements
- Draft & review the data privacy & security aspects of contracts with internal & external business partners to effectively manage & mitigate privacy risks via contract terms & conditions across a wide spectrum of clients & vendors, develop standard provisions, & escalation processes
- Support privacy breach management activities including intake, escalation, investigation & notices
- Support the development & implementation of system data minimization & retention strategy
- Support the implementation & administration of privacy management technology Gather & document information to support privacy impact assessments & review of privacy controls
- Support training & awareness efforts as needed and/or required to increase employee understanding of privacy policies, data handling practices, & legal obligations
- Gather & document information to support regular privacy program assessments to identify gaps in compliance & risks
- Maintain knowledge of privacy laws, regulatory requirements & emerging issues to support enterprise adaptation, innovation & compliance
- Other tasks as assigned by the Head of Privacy
- Bachelors' Degree or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare privacy risk compliance
- Experience working with U.S. privacy laws & emerging privacy trends
- Experience working with IT Security relating to Privacy
- Experience implementing and/or operating a privacy program & close collaboration with IT, Security & Data Governance functions
- People management experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.